IN THE CIRCUIT COURT, SIXTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
IN AND FOR
RE: COUNTY CRIMINAL SECTION
Section O was created by Administrative Order 2006-035 PI-CTY. In order to modify the handling of cases that are transferred from the North and South County Traffic Facilities to section “O”, it is:
1. Section “O” shall continue to include violation of probation matters from misdemeanor sections E, F, G, H, and L.
2. The county administrative judge shall establish a schedule for hearings in section “O” so that violation of probation matters from sections E, F, G, H, and L are heard on the same day. The county administrative judge may amend the schedule from time to time as required.
3. The Clerk of the Circuit Court and the State Attorney shall, in accordance with the schedule established by the county administrative judge, calendar all violation of probation cases from misdemeanor sections E, F, G, H, & L on a calendar for section “O” but not transfer the cases to section “O.”
4. Section “O” shall also continue to include violation of probation matters from county traffic sections 49, 50, 51, and 52. Effective January 1, 2007, violation of probation matters from these sections shall be noticed and heard in Section O and will be assigned to section E, F., G, H, or L in a manner directed by the county administrative judge. The Clerk of the Circuit Court, the Salvation Army, and the Pinellas Information Technology Office shall take the steps needed to ensure that cases are assigned and noticed in a manner directed by the county administrative judge.
5. Restitution hearings will continue to be held in the assigned section and not in section “O” unless a motion to have the restitution matter heard with the violation of probation matter is made by the defendant’s counsel or the defendant, if unrepresented.
Effective January 1, 2007, Administrative Order 2006-035 PI-CTY is hereby rescinded.
DONE AND ORDERED
in Chambers at
David A. Demers, Chief Judge
cc: All Pinellas Judges
The Honorable Bob Dillinger, Public Defender
Gay Inskeep, Trial Courts Administrator
Court Security Division
Salvation Army Probation Office
Bar Associations, Pinellas and
Law Libraries, Pinellas and